With the FIFA World Cup starting in a couple of weeks, teams around the world are heading to Russia for the Group Stages.
32 teams have qualified into 8 groups of four with 2 teams of each group progressing to the Round of 16. So here’s who we’re keeping our eye on:
– Saudi Arabia and Egypt stand a good chance to upset in Group A, But with Uraguay aiming for their 3rd world cup and Russia hosting, This group may be clear cut.
– Two more international Powerhouses are looking to dominate Group B. Portugal lead by Ronaldo are looking to win out against an all-star Spanish team with names like Deigo Costa, David Silva, Nacho and Iniesta
– Group C sees France as the favourite whilst Denmark, Australia and Peru battle for the second spot. With Eriksen and young talent, We are siding with Denmark.
– Argentina top Group D who are looking to win their 3rd world cup as well. Croatia led by Luka Modric are our prediction on qualifying second.
– Group E has Brazil who are strong favourites with Neymar, Vieira David Luiz and Hulk. Second qualifying position is anyones, but we reckon Switzerland might pinch it.
– The German team featuring Ozil, Muller and Neuer are favourites of Group F, However With Premier League talent in all 3 other teams this group will be hotly contested. We’re siding with Sweden on this one.
– The Group that matters. England are hopefully going to seal at least second place whilst strong Belgian team are ones to watch for the whole tournament.
– And Lastly Group H. Poland have reached the Semi Finals twice before whilst Columbia has Premier League talent in their lineup. This group though will be one to watch.
And those are the groups. England fixtures begin on the 18th of June where we will be facing Tunisia. Who are you predicting to win? Who’s going to do better than we expect? Let us know.
This is Team Anchor, we’ll see you at the world cup.