Why everyone should clean their vehicle, every-other-weekend.
Other than the obvious visual benefits to cleaning and maintaining your vehicle.
There are other benefits you may not have realised were equally as important, if not more so.
In the busy life that everyone lives in modern civilisation, cleaning vehicles has become a huge inconvenience. Less and fewer people each year are not finding the time to take care of their vehicle. Being so busy, working longer hours, commuting further, it seems to make no sense to clean a 1998 Vauxhall Corsa you got off Facebook marketplace that’s just scraped a pass on its MOT. The old saying “you can’t polish a turd”, forget it. With the weather more unpredictable than going around a roundabout in a Reliant Robin. You never know when you’ll get the right weather to clean your vehicle. But when you do, make sure you do. We recommend cleaning your car in overcast or cloudy weather. (No rain or direct sun)
At Anchor Vans & Anchor Cars, on a daily basis, we see part exchanges come through the door every day, it’s encouraging to see that most of these are in mint condition. (They’ve probably read this article). Ironically, the vehicles you have to take most care of are the ones that get the dirtiest. So, 4×4’s, tipper trucks, run-arounds. Vehicles that are used for hauling jobs, everyday commuting etc. Maintaining these may almost feel impossible or pointless.
But if you’re planning to sell your vehicle or even trading it in? it’s important to do what you can to keep your vehicle looking great now. Even though automatic car washes on petrol forecourts has dropped by over 1,100 in the decade up to 2016. Regular car washes are a big part of this, as they can help prevent rust, scratches, dull paint, and other issues that take away from the look of your car.
Mud, dirt, rain, and even salt sprinkled on icy roads flick up and stick to the surface of your car as you drive. While driving you don’t notice, over time the salt and minerals in these substances eat away at the paintwork and cause damage, especially if the weather is constantly cold/freezing. It can then leave permanent scars on your bodywork.
For this reason, it’s important to take time to have your car washed on a regular basis. This will blast away those impurities instantly and you won’t have to worry about paintwork being affected.
Benefits of maintaining your vehicle (visually & mechanically):
- Hold higher resell value when you come to sell/part exchange.
- Less chance of having to fork out for expensive mechanic work.
It takes time and money to properly maintain a vehicle, but it’s an investment that will save you more in the long run, while also increasing the safety of you and your passengers.
Try to keep track of your oil changes, check fluid levels, and drive your car to a mechanic once in a while as well. By doing so, you will ensure that your car always looks sleek and new, while running at peak performance!
What can you do in the comfort of your own home to maintain your vehicle and retain future value?
Invest in a quality assured bodywork preservation kit.
We recommend – LifeShine by Autoglym:
- LifeShine is the complete vehicle protection system that is professionally applied at the dealership to your vehicles paintwork, upholstery and glass. It offers you peace of mind by protecting your vehicle from the day you take delivery for the lifetime of ownership, guaranteed.
- Carbon Shield TechnologyTM – Protects vehicle paintwork against harsh contaminants and the elements to lock in colour and shine
- Paintwork protection – Paintwork is professionally treated with a unique protective coating, featuring Carbon Shield TechnologyTM to lock in colour and shine.
- Upholstery protection – A highly durable sealant is professionally applied to interior upholstery, protecting against spills and stains.
- Glass protection – Glass treatment is professionally applied to the exterior side and rear windows, creating a non-stick, water-repellent barrier.
Peace of Mind
With the LifeShine system, you’ll also receive a lifetime guarantee.
Subject to reasonable ongoing care, your vehicle will remain in top condition, but the comprehensive guarantee* provides complete peace of mind for as long as you own the vehicle.
This guarantee applies only to original manufacturer’s upholstery and carpets and to the areas to which the LifeShine interior treatment is applied, i.e. seating, carpets and boot.
Once the trained technicians have applied the professional LifeShine treatment to your car, we’ll provide you with a complimentary aftercare kit for a lifetime of superior shine.
Suitable for all vehicles from £399.
If your current business vehicle is looking tired, part exchange for a new one!